If you want to see something really scary this Halloween, check out the ingredients list of your favorite candy. Nothing makes the hair on the back of our neck stand up more than seeing sugar, sugar and more sugar.
Keep your spooky spirits up this season with healthy Halloween treats the whole family can enjoy. Whether you are vegan, keto, paleo or gluten-free, skip the scary “Frankenfood” sweets this year and serve up some better-for-you treats crafted with clean ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil and maple syrup.
We’ve created a spread of spook-tacular recipes featuring our favorite Hail Merry products that are so enchanting, the boys and ghouls won’t be able to resist. No tricks here, just healthy treats you can feel better about serving your kids and loved ones this Halloween.
Spooky Spider Bites
1 bag Hail Merry coconut cookie dough bites
2 c. Enjoy Life semisweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil
Candy Tree Organic String licorice
YumEarth Organic Candy corn
Halloween sprinkles (optional)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Cut string licorice into 1-inch pieces
- Dip Bites in chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Add 6 licorice pieces for the spider legs, candy eyeballs, and candy corn fangs (or use black icing, see step 7).
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
- Pipe on black icing to create spider “fangs."
- Store Spider Bites in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Hail Merry Tarts
- Black Icing
- Candy eyeballs, pumpkins
- YumEarth Organic Candy corn
- The Sugar Art Orange Edible Glitter
- For Zombie Tart: Top with candy eyeballs and use black icing to create your spookiest zombie face. Make it even more terrifying with candy corn fangs!
- For Pumpkin Tart: Dust with edible orange glitter and top with a candy pumpkin.
- Store Tarts in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Dusk til Dawn Mocktail
- 5 oz of non-alcoholic sparkling wine or sparkling water mixed with 1/8 of a tsp of food grade activated charcoal powder
- Organic Orange Juice
- Just Pomegranate Syrup
- Purple or Black sanding sugar and lemon wedges
- Prep the glass by running a lemon wedge around the rim to moisten. Next place your glass upside-down into a dish of purple sanding sugar, twisting around a bit to coat the entire rim.
- Start by adding pomegranate syrup to the bottom of a highball glass, until its about 1/4 inch full.
- Add orange juice leaving about 1.5 inches at the top.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass.
- Slowly pour the sparkling beverage and charcoal mixture over the back of a spoon so it layers at the very top.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge and festive paper straw.
If you give these treats a try, don't forget to share your creations with us on social by tagging @hailmerrysnacks and using #cleanhalloween.