Keep your spooky spirits up this season with healthy Halloween treats the whole family can enjoy.
Whether you are vegan, keto, paleo or gluten-free, skip the scary “Frankenfood” sweets this year and serve up some better-for-you treats crafted with clean ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- 1 bag Hail Merry coconut cookie dough bites
- 2 c. Enjoy Life semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. organic virgin coconut oil
- Candy Tree Organic String licorice
- Candy Eyeballs
- Black icing
- YumEarth Organic Candy corn
- Halloween sprinkles (optional)
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil and microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted.
- Cut string licorice into 1-inch pieces
- Dip Bites in chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Add 6 licorice pieces for the spider legs, candy eyeballs, and candy corn fangs (or use black icing, see step 7).
- Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
- Pipe on black icing to create spider “fangs."
- Store Spider Bites in refrigerator until ready to serve.
If you give these treats a try, don't forget to share your creations with us on social by tagging @hailmerrysnacks and using #cleanhalloween.