Chocolate and orange, a match made in heaven. There are some food pairings that are simply memorable, and this duo is an icon. These no-bake tarts are bursting with bright citrusy orange and deep chocolate flavor, a divine combination of holiday flavors that will have everyone clamoring for more.
Dressed to impress, these little beauties are also dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free! They are the perfect dessert to delight your guests this holiday season.
Serve each tart on its own or sliced up with a dollop of vanilla coconut whipped cream and cups of coffee!
No Bake Chocolate Orange Harvest Tarts
- Hail Merry Chocolate Almond Butter Tarts
- 3 organic oranges
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- *Maple vanilla coconut whipped cream for topping (optional)
- Cacao nibs & cocoa powder for topping
- Start by thoroughly washing the oranges and cut the tops and the bottoms off of each orange.
- Slice the oranges into about ⅛ inch thin slices, removing any seeds. You can also use a mandolin.
- Add the water to a large stockpot with the thinly sliced oranges. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Allow to simmer for 1.5 hours, stirring the pot every 30 minutes.
- Next, add the maple sugar and vanilla and increase the temperature to return to a boil. Cook for another 10 minutes to cook down or until the marmalade begins to thicken a bit.
- Add the orange marmalade to glass jars and set in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Once chilled, spoon the orange marmalade on top of the Chocolate Almond Butter Tarts.
- Top with a dollop of dairy-free whipped cream and a sprinkle of cacao nibs and cocoa powder for that Chef’s Kiss!
Maple Vanilla Coconut Whipped Cream (Dairy-Free)
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (chilled overnight)
- 2 Tbsp. maple sugar
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- Chill the canned coconut in the fridge overnight.
- When chilled, scoop the coconut cream into a mixing bowl, reserving the coconut water liquid for other recipes or smoothies.
- Add the maple sugar and vanilla, and using a hand-held mixer, whip the coconut cream and vanilla until a whipped cream-like consistency is reached.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
If you make this recipe be sure to share with us by tagging @hailmerrysnacks and using the hashtag #thanksLIVING!