Dress up your holiday table this year with these gorgeous and festive Lemon Cranberry Tarts. Featuring our simple almond-flour crust and plant-based Meyer Lemon ganache, topped with jammy, vanilla spiced cranberries and maple coconut whipped cream.
Thanksgiving calls for all the delicious holiday desserts — from pumpkin to apple pie and everything in between, there’s certainly no shortage of delicious flavors this time of year. However, if you’re trying to stick to desserts that come with minimal sugar and zero processed ingredients, we have just the recipe for you.
These tangy lemon cranberry tarts deliver a full holiday flavor profile, without any of the added sugar, dairy, (or guilt!) found in traditional desserts. Each tart is topped with jammy vanilla spiced cranberries made with only six ingredients, plus an optional dairy-free whipped cream for that perfect touch of sweetness.
Get ready to impress your guests and delight your tastebuds - these dairy-free, gluten-free, and paleo lemon cranberry tarts are a must-try seasonal treat!
- Hail Merry Meyer Lemon Tarts
- 2 cups whole organic cranberries
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup honey
- Pure vanilla bean or ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ ground cinnamon
- Vanilla maple coconut whipped cream and pomegranate seeds for topping*
- Start by adding the cranberries, water, coconut sugar, and honey to a stockpot over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cranberries pop open.
- Add the vanilla and cinnamon and simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Place the cranberry jam in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Once chilled, spoon the cranberry jam on top of the Hail Merry Meyer Lemon Tarts.
- Top with a dollop of vanilla maple coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds if desired.
Maple Vanilla Coconut Whipped Cream (Dairy-Free)
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk (chilled overnight)
- 2 Tbsp. maple sugar
- ½ tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- Chill the canned coconut in the fridge overnight.
- Once chilled, scoop the coconut cream into a mixing bowl, reserving the coconut water liquid for other recipes or smoothies.
- Add the maple sugar and vanilla, and using a hand-held mixer, whip the coconut cream and vanilla until a whipped cream-like consistency is reached.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to use.
This healthy lemon cranberry tart is something you’ll want to enjoy for Thanksgiving and beyond. Add it to all of your holiday menus this year — it won’t disappoint!
If you make this recipe be sure to tag @hailmerrysnacks and use the hashtag #thanksLIVING.