Monster Mash Cookie Dough
Enjoying Halloween with a healthy twist is possible. Swap out artificial, sugar-loaded Halloween candy with better-for-you options like these simple and festive cookie dough bites.
Filled with whole food ingredients, like organic coconut oil, cashews, and almond flour, plus naturally sweetened with organic maple syrup, these better-for-you options are something the whole family can enjoy.
So, skip the sugary scare factor this Halloween and try this freakishly delicious vegan and gluten-free recipe instead.
*Better For You Recommended Ingredients
Before diving into the recipes, you’ll see an asterisk next to certain ingredients listed in each recipe. Refer to this list for a healthier recommendation. Using these recommended ingredients will help you avoid those yucky artificial colors and flavors commonly found in store-bought Halloween candy!
Decorating Sugar & Sprinkles
- Hail Merry Coconut Cookie Dough Bites (we used a mix of chocolate chip cookie dough, caramel sea salt, and dark chocolate)
- *Vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- *Natural decorating sugar
- Start by adding about ½ to 1 cup of the vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave for 15 seconds. Remove and stir, adding back to the microwave and microwaving for 10-second increments until completely melted. Set aside.
- Next dip half of each Hail Merry bites into the melted chocolate and then sprinkle with natural decorating sugar or sprinkles.
- Place on a plate and set in the fridge for about 10 minutes to harden.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge until ready to eat!
If you give these treats a try, don't forget to share your creations with us on social by tagging @hailmerrysnacks and using #cleanhalloween.
Leave a comment